What is it, and how to draw i?


Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to draw this (see attached file)  "cornice roof ??" at the 1st story of the house.  But I don't know what it is really called, so I'm not sure what to search for to get help...  Can someone help identify what this is called; and even better if you can give me a hint on how to create it (I tried drawing a really narrow deck without railings, and had some success, but I know it wasn't right...).  

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021.

  - Mark.

InkedModern - back of house - clip_LI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


*** I see you said Pro 2021 ***



Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.


You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.


Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.


And, turn on signature display too.






Many questions have been asked and answered. The Home Designer website is a good place to start your search.


Here is a video about searching the forum: https://youtu.be/dDT6wbrrVRM



Resources for self help:


The built in Help System (always a good place to start)




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a complete picture, The photo is only an example, I'm not trying to draw exactly this house, or that exact feature.  I do however wish to draw this 'ribbon' of roof / cornice, or whatever it might be called around the house at the top of the 1st storey.  

Modern - back of house.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now