Change Roof Pitch on One Section of Building

fberus

The structure of the building is basically a two story "L" shape.  The front of the building is one story with vaulted ceilings that extend upward to the second story at the back of the building.  As you can see in the attached plan within the zip file, the peak on the back section is higher than the peak on the main building section.  This creates a step where the peaks of the two sections meet and some complicated/undesirable roof structure (see BadPeakFrame.jpg).  Since this house will be built in Florida, flattening the pitch of the rear section is a good option.  This would lower the peak so that it meets the main roof much like the garage does at the front of the house.

However, I have not been able to find a way to change the pitch of the roof over the back section of the two story structure.  I tried several methods, including breaking the hip walls into sections aft of where the roof lines intersect the side hip walls (i.e. the wall sections that support the rearward roof planes), then changing the roof pitch for these two sections.  But the application seems to ignore the pitch settings on these wall sections and continues to use the default pitch in the Build Roof dialog.

To illustrate what I'm trying to do, I adjusted the pitch of the two roof planes (see LowerRoofPitch.jpg).  Of course this doesn't work since it leaves a gap where the rearward roof meets the main roof and the changes are lost the next time the roof is auto generated.  Is there a way I can adjust the pitch of this one roof section and have it properly meet the main roof?

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021, Build 22.3.0.55x64

Thanx

fberus

Roof Pitch.zip

Thanx David.  I didn't end up editing the roof planes exactly the way you did it but the "Join Roof Planes" tool was the hint I needed.  I also used some of the other roof plane and framing edit tools to good effect.  I now have the exact roof framing I was after.  The only downside is I have to keep auto generate roof planes turned off - or I'll loose my changes.  I decided to keep a list of manual edits that I'll apply once I've completed my entire plan.  Until then, I can keep all the auto generate options "on."