Program won't save using same name

NancySnyder

When I'm working in Home Designer Pro, I have a new problem (as of a month ago).  Every time I save a plan as I'm working in it, the program changes the file name by adding a number at the end.  So I end up with multiple files, each taking up an enormous amount of space.  For example, if I'm working with a plan file called "U-shaped kitchen.plan", I'll end up with "U-shaped kitchen 1.plan", "U-shaped kitchen 2.plan", "U-shaped kitchen 3.plan", etc.  Has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to fix it?  I'm currently working in Home Designer Pro 2018 (and yes I know I should upgrade).  

46 minutes ago, NancySnyder said:

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to fix it?  I'm currently working in Home Designer Pro 2018 (and yes I know I should upgrade).

No, been using the software since 1994 and I have never seen this happen. Makes me wonder what EXACTLY you ARE doing to cause this!

DJP

David, I'm working on a MacBook Air.  I merely hit the save icon periodically, to save my work as I'm going along.  Then when I go to look in my files, I see that each time I do that, my plan is being saved with a different numeric extension.  I'm not doing anything differently that I have been doing for all the years that I've been using Home Designer Pro, but this problem started happening about a month ago.