Change Object Layer That Was Imported

RonTron

Hi,

I'm new to Home Designer. Using Suite 2021 version. I don't see Layers under Tools.  i assume that is reserved for Architectural and Pro versions.

I was hoping to be able to move objects around to different layers. But, don't see this. I have SketchUp object I imported. It was a outdoor kitchen and pergola. But, it's currently showing that it is in the Object Layer: Fixtures/Interior.

What I'm really trying to get to the ability to create some options for my backyard. But, not create a new plan file. instead, show/hide layers to see differences. But, in this case, if I want to hide that layer using Display Options it will hide other stuff (Fixtures/Interior) Can this be changed? 

7 hours ago, solver said:

No Home Designer product has that ability.

Thanks for the info. I updated my signature as well. 

So, when importing objects, it randomly assigns it to a layer? Or in my case, seems to always add to Fixtures,Interior. 

Quite disappointed to see this answer about layers.  I had previously been doing plans in Autosketch, which does have layers.  I was using it because I'm designing a new house to replace my existing one, in more or less the same spot on the ground, except much larger.  I had created a detailed plan of the existing house and put it in one layer, then designed a new house, putting it in another layer.  This enabled me to better place the plan on the ground and able to turn off the existing house layer, as needed.  

I was excited to get Chief Architect so I could visualize my various design ideas in 3D, without realizing it came with this unfortunate tradeoff.  I also like RonTron's notion of using layers to try different accessory structure ideas.  I was in fact gearing up to ask how to put my existing house on a hideable layer but was trying to wait until I'd explored the possibilities sufficiently on my own.  I guess I can save my effort for learning other features.

Granville

• 5 months later...

The lack of this feature is perennially frustrating. Moving different objects between layers or creating custom layers should be a baseline feature, but it doesn't exist in any of the CA products. Would love to see it in the future as it would be incredibly valuable in any number of applications.