Designating Interior Structural Walls vs Non Structural

MarcBldgTechExpt

I have Home Designer Pro and thought it would be useful to designate interior walls that are structural from non-structural walls so that I can have layout sheets for the builder to make it very easy which walls need to be completed before installing roof rafters on a large shed roof. Any tips to have certain walls show in a layer and to hide others without making another file and deleting them?  Thank you

What I commonly do for remodeling work is to make copies of wall types using the "Copy" command in the "Wall Specification Dialog - Define Dialog" taking "Interior 4" and making a copy of it called Interior 4, New and designating "Interior 4" default wall as "Existing". The same actions could create your default wall type as "Non-Load bearing" and the copy with a different fill type to represent your "Load Bearing" walls. If I had so little confidence that my carpenters need that elementary level of guidance, I would fire them and hire someone who knows how to carpenter.

DJP

David, thanks for the feedback.  I have been experimenting with this for several months on a limited basis. Actually, its not having a lack of confidence of the carpenter, but I wanted to bid out the structural framing and shell, then will finish the inside myself.  You have a great point though.