Santec

Classes, Simple and Direct...

Hello,

I am obviously a new user and I'm very much stuck. As simple as it may (or not) be, I am unable to grasp the rudimentary aspects of the Home Designer Suite 2021. I clearly need some direct assistance in the form of follow me do this classes or I fear I've spent my money uselessly.

I have watched several of the Training Videos only to find that some of the functions and commands do not apply to the Suite version, very frustrating…

So, I’m asking if there is anyone or anyplace I can contact or go to that can help me learn this program as efficiently as possible, show me how so I can then do it, old school style...

Thanks and Safe Travels to you all.

DS

*** I see you said Suite 2021 ***

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

David does training, but I'm curious about what you are having trouble with. The links above should get you started, and I suggest you start with the hour long getting started webinars on YouTube. 

As you have noticed, videos always use HD Pro, so look less for specifics and more to gain a general understanding of how the program works. All the programs work the same way, just the features and options differ.

There is also a Tutorial in the Users Guide (look under Help) that covers drawing a house.

One on one tutoring isn't cheap, asking for help and direction here on the forum is free.

David Jefferson Potter
Chief Architect® Teacher, Tutor, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver

Office Phone:512-518-3161 (No Texts Please) Mobile Phone (Text Only Please) 512-230-8995 About my tutoring service
Main E mail: c16467@gmail.com
Web Site:http://djpdesigns.com /My You Tube Channel/ Follow me on Facebook /My Sketchfab site/My Houzz Page

HD Suite costs about $100.00 to own. The training available found under "Help" and at the Home Designer website is completely FREE. I do teaching and training (have for many years) but I charge $75.00 per hour for that help. Each video found at the Home Designer website is marked as to which product it applies to but you at least need to able to carefully look to see what help video is for what product. Home Designer Suite is well worth the money but is a lot less able in terms of features and tools compared to all other products Chief Architect offers for sale. You cannot obtain a product by guessing, so just increase your skill by study followed by practice. That IS what I did many years ago, I have never had a teacher, tutor other than myself and my determination to arrive.

DJP