Changing Roof Style From Hip to Gable

RGBuildersInc1

new to CA, my drawing has auto roof designed my house with a hip roof and when i go in and try and change it, by using either the edit or wall preference, it won't make the change. has anyone else ever experienced this? Is there another option? Again, still learning the program so it may be that I am missing something very simple

All great info thanks!! I had no idea about the info needed so I really appreciate that. I will go back and modify my signature and such. I am using Pro and I think it is 2021 or so it says.

I have watched a couple of the roof specific videos trying to fix the roof myself but as I said I am not getting it to change. I have checked the auto rebuild roof and unchecked it trying both options and still get the same result. I feel like I am missing something stupid and it is driving me crazy!!

Is this checked?

ht1.thumb.png.1d1c2cd926f4d32e83df05873fcbc7b5.png

If so, it probably should not be as it's an advanced option that most users will never need.

Go to Edit>Delete Objects

Select Roof Baseline Polylines and then Delete.

If it's not checked attach the plan file -- close Pro first and I'll have a look.

And generally, when you have a problem like this, try to simplify in a new plan. Draw a single room, make sure the auto roof builder is on, then set a wall to Full Gable. Does it work?