ROOF FRUSTRATION

lars6382

Using Home Designer Architectural 2017. 

Having difficulties getting a fairly simple roof to render correctly in 3D. 

I am sure it is some simple thing I am missing but I CAN NOT get it correct.  

See the Floor Plan Below. 

Peak of Trusses are to run North/South over garage into bedroom. 

Peak of Trusses are to run West/East over Living thru Kitchen/Dining

Peak of Trusses are to run North/South over Sun Room

There is a second story over the bedroom portion of the garage end of the home.  

The second picture shows how the program is wanting the roof to be.  I do not understand why it is creating this crazy roof line.  

I want it to appear about like the 3rd picture.  Other than the West/East portion would tie all the way into the garage.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

SL Floor Plan.jpg

Crazy Roof.jpg

Close Roof.jpg

Thank you for deciphering my explanation.  Your image is correct - that is how I would like the roof to look.  The problem is - no matter what I try I can not get it to generate the way you show above.  Just need to get this project done and then I will be upgrading both my laptop and my program for more custom roof capabilities.  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Put a wall break here, then open the wall  (showing as green)  and set it to hip roof.  Then start lowering the pitch on that wall.   You might not like what is showing at the top of the roof, but the program is generating it that way because the roof needs to shed water away from the house wall.  

If you want to play with the upper pitch setting  (roof tab) , you can lower that part of the roof to look better, but still have enough slope to shed water  (pic #2).

image.thumb.png.15de5fbafcd9966997e62a38d39ca84c.png   image.thumb.png.768ca2edb7b1225ce8839e2749a5ee5e.png