Artifacts - First Day User - Help Please.

scottb613

Hi Folks,

First day using Home Designer Suite 2021 after an earlier purchase today - I am familiar with CAD like programs. I keep getting artifacts as I work through my first model - as attached. I've consulted the help and tried the same steps MANY times. The problem reoccurs every time. Half the house has vaulted ceilings on a gable roof and the other does not. The image is from the vaulted side - you can see the strange bulge in the wall I can't get seem to remove and the missing moldings. It gets worse when I put the roof back on as some walls are missing. Image and actual File attached.

Any Help Appreciated...

Thanks.

Regards,
Scott

Trouble.thumb.jpg.45fb25bc1f05734467f90c65125c672b.jpg

On 7/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, solver said:

Don't see the plan file. Need to close Suite before attaching.

Hi Eric,

Thanks - I struggled with the artifacts over the weekend and managed to sort them out. Somehow something was placed in the attic area - not sure how I did it - but once cleaned up it was a bit better - still some odd things going on in the area. I think my file is far too large to upload here - I'll see if I can find an alternative. 

If interested - a little more about my project. I picked up Home Designer 2021 Suite last week after struggling to make the interior of a model - my dream retirement place - I plan to build in the relatively near future. I'm not an architect - I'm a decent 3D modeler but using software that isn't specifically designed for homes is less than ideal. Here are some renders if what I'm trying to create in HDS2021 - after four days of ownership - you can see the progress on the attached plans below. 

I'm now stumped on two issues:

1. I can't seem to angle the timbers in HDS2021 as shown in my second image above the deck the roof gables. I've been playing with basic shapes but I just can get the angle pieces made - is there a better way to do it ?
  2. I can't get my bay windows to work in HDS2021 as I did with my other modeling software. The rooves are all mangled and I can't get anything presentable. Is there a way to do that cleanly ?

Thanks so much for the responses - as mentioned I'm a complete newb but a fast learner - I will upload the file somewhere if you're interested - as I'd gladly take any tips from more experienced members...

Regards,

Scott 

MaineFront.thumb.jpg.a191a3a406c70539c048f469ed519b6d.jpg

MaineBack.thumb.jpg.9470712f8992bf45939f9bb6e2a82346.jpg

146330846_WalkoutBasement.thumb.jpg.6e1da8fa36b9d124cc84fac6ed209a58.jpg

1135086067_MainFloor.thumb.jpg.299a025359d48957ffc01e066f67fb69.jpg

Hi Folks,

OK - after some forum surfing - apparently no angles permitted on shapes - that seems a bit cheesy - as simply positioning an object is a very BASIC function ? I made the part in my modeling software and exported/imported - so that worked...

Is there a way to turn off object interference ? Now my handrail on the deck is preventing me from creating/positioning the needed posts to hold up the very extended roof. 

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

My first screen from HDS - not nearly as pretty as POVray:

3D_1.jpg

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Is there a way to turn off object interference ? Now my handrail on the deck is preventing me from creating/positioning the needed posts to hold up the very extended roof. 

Holding Control while dragging overrides movement restrictions.

• Like 1