Suraci

unusual roof

Is it possible to create this roof using Home Designer Architectural v 19.3.0? The drawing shows the rooflines in red as a rectangle bisected into two right triangle segments by the ridge.

image.thumb.png.ea48060a3b122a1346eb61f00733e7b9.png

The pitches are indicated by black arrows. The image below gives one perspective of a similar roof. Thank you.

roofline.thumb.jpg.67982de0382dfeb72e6335918bdbaf94.jpg

Extend your walls out to form a rectangle. Set 2 walls like this. Adjust pitch via the wall specification to align the ridge.

ht1.thumb.png.55d579327aff0c008b7a7d6e6bfff1c1.png

I see you said Architectural. Using the version (2018, 2019 etc) is preferred to the 19.3.0.

You can help everyone by adding that info ( title and version ) to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

Thank you for the quick reply. So, when the walls are returned to the original position, the roof will remain?

12 minutes ago, Suraci said:

the roof will remain?

If Auto Rebuild Roofs is off.

Hmmm. I first set the pitches in both high wall specifications. Then I used the build roof dialog to create the roof but the pitches were changed to the default of 8". Changing the high wall pitches individually changes nothing.

28 minutes ago, Suraci said:

Hmmm. I first set the pitches in both high wall specifications.

Pitch is set in the 2 other walls.

Thank you for that. I still can't seem to get a ridge that exactly bisects the two roof segments. I've tried changing both pitches separately.

image.thumb.png.f8f12eb37da2a10a695f18852df8700e.png

Experiment with these settings to fix the problem in the upper right, then adjust the pitch to align the ridge.

You can do math to calculate the pitch, or just guess like I did. Probably took 4 or 5 iterations to get close enough.

ht1.png

Unfortunately, Architectural 2018 only has these options in the build roof dialog:

image.thumb.png.860c1b74afa353565ffd6a1ca2a5e31e.png