How to make gable roofs with differing wall heights

Wadosan

Hello. As you can see from my picture, I am a trial user and am very frustrated. Before I give up, I wanted to see if I could get help in figuring out how to create the gable roofs on my test plan below. The red walls are the gable end walls and have been identified as such in the wall settings. The other walls are hip walls assuming that is the correct selection. The walls themselves are half-walls so that I could adjust the wall height. This was per the online help I read. The area without walls is to be a covered porch so I would like to include this area within the roof. This could be an attached shed style roof or as part of the gable of the rest of that part of the house. I hope I'm making sense.

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.15f4489e76ebae5354459f086b9222b3.png

image.png

Edited by Wadosan
Delete incorrect picture.

2 minutes ago, Wadosan said:

The walls themselves are half-walls so that I could adjust the wall height. This was per the online help I read.

What walls are Half Walls?

Try this.

Start a new plan and draw the T shaped structure using Exterior walls. Change the 3 red walls to full gable. The roof should auto build, but if not, build the roof.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely possible, I cannot adjust the wall heights using Exterior Walls. That is why I used the half-walls. All of the walls are half-walls that I have set to the needed heights.

8 minutes ago, Wadosan said:

Unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely possible, I cannot adjust the wall heights using Exterior Walls. That is why I used the half-walls. All of the walls are half-walls that I have set to the needed heights.

Did you do what I suggested and build a new model?

Why are you trying to adjust the exterior wall heights?

I did not because as far as I know, I cannot change the wall heights when using Exterior Walls. Please let me know if I'm mistaken but I was not able to find a way to adjust wall heights. When I searched the support documentation, I found an answer that said I needed to use the Straight Half Wall selection to be able to adjust the height.  I have used the auto roof building feature but it does not seem to work when I change the wall heights as shown. If the wall heights are the same, it works fine.

The reason is that the rectangular part is a RV garage and that needs to be at least 14 ft tall inside. The square area is the living area so only standard height walls are needed.

What you want to change is the ceiling height.

Draw what I suggested above. Divide the space with an interior wall where the ceiling heights change.

Open the room specification and change the ceiling height.

Generally, wall heights are controlled via ceiling height. Roofs build over rooms, so they are also affected by ceiling height.