Sign in to follow this  
Syd1953

Dormer construction

I  have added a large shed dormer on a 1 1/2 story house but I don't want the eave of the house running across the front of the dormer. I need a flush wall from foundation to second floor eave.

I'm using Home Designer Architect 2020.

I see you mentioned Architectural 2020 ...

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

16 minutes ago, Syd1953 said:

I need a flush wall from foundation to second floor eave.

Don't use a dormer. Create a room and raise the ceiling.

On 2/29/2020 at 1:08 PM, solver said:

Don't use a dormer. Create a room and raise the ceiling.

This is a timely subject for what I am trying to do with exterior of my plan. I have been trying for several days now how to do this, so this was quite informative. The spin I am trying to put on this involves all walls being on the same plane. Hoping that you can shed some additional light on the my version. Attached is a plan that I played with after watching your video. Also included are a couple images of the barn style apartment I am trying to design. Both sides of this home would ideally have a covered storage/porch. The steeper pitch would be 8 and the other would be 5 or 6.

Thanks for any help that may be given....Greg

470 Kusmic Lane__Dormer.plan

CleanShot 2020-03-01 at 13.50.41@2x.png

CleanShot 2020-03-01 at 13.56.38@2x.png

@gspeasl

Best to start a new thread. It's confusing to everyone when different problems are being discussed, and the OP will continue to be notified about things unrelated to their question.