Gable Roof Issues

gspeasl

Thx..Something like this, a full shed dormer for the two apartments on the second floor with the lower roofs for the deck and covered storage/carport. I would like the the upper gable roof to have a pitch of 8" and lower gable roofs to have a pitch of 6". 

CleanShot 2020-02-22 at 08.33.35@2x.png

I would not use the dormer tools to do this. 

I've not looked at the plan, but give this a try and see how far you get.

Make sure Auto Rebuild Roofs is on.

Use Edit>Reset To Defaults to get the roof back to a base configuration.

ht1.thumb.png.feea4ec4f8c895ab41b6978f39eee1f9.png

Now set walls as required to Full Gable. Once the the roof is building mostly correctly, decide how you will change the various pitches.

Thank you, that helped a little but I still have issues in the middle of the house. I see where roof framing is still present where it should not be. I kinda remember toggling roof framing somewhere. I also failed to mention that I am trying to create a vaulted ceiling in both apartments other than the wall that separates the two units.

Thanks again...Greg

Kuzmic Lane-2.zip

With Auto Roofs, roofs build over rooms. Your stairwells, for example are specified to have no roof over them.

There is at least one room on each side somewhere in the interior of the structure with a similar problem. I just set all rooms to be the same.

ht1.thumb.png.0cb420a942975cda60660aa74a43c154.png

5 hours ago, solver said:

With Auto Roofs, roofs build over rooms. Your stairwells, for example are specified to have no roof over them.

There is at least one room on each side somewhere in the interior of the structure with a similar problem. I just set all rooms to be the same.

ht1.thumb.png.0cb420a942975cda60660aa74a43c154.png

Thanks "solver"! Appreciate the tip, you were correct in that the issue was with the stairwells and two small linen closets that did not have roofs.

CleanShot 2020-02-22 at 15.10.19@2x.png