Sign in to follow this  
Whisper

How to delete part of the 2nd floor?

I have a house and garage attached to the house by a short corridor. Now I want to add the 2nd floor to the house only. But the 2nd floor gets  added to the entire plan. I assume there should be a way to separate house area from garage and connecting corridor so that I could only modify the house or there should be a way to delete the 2nd floor from garage and corridor only,  but I can't figure out how. Please help.

• Downvote 1

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

• Like 1

Delete the walls that you don't want. Fill in any missing ones manually.

• Like 1

Thank you, so it's  a manual solution. I am not a professional, just making a sketch of the dream house to refer to and tried to avoid manual (i end up with too much customization :). ) But if there is no auto way to delete the 2nd floor then so be it.

And , sorry, yes I should have mentioned the software at least ! Home Designer Pro 2019, build 20.3.0.54x63 

21 minutes ago, Whisper said:

and tried to avoid manual

I'm sure you are manually drawing interior walls, moving them, maybe deleting them. Manually placing cabinets, windows, doors etc. 

Exterior walls are no different. They are just objects to the program.

Yes, I understand, I did as you suggested and it worked just fine . No weird artifacts I was concerned about . Thank you very much!