Exterior Pony Wall - Extra Surfaces Keep Appearing

ARK1985

I've been trying to solve this issue for 2 days now, and can't seem to get anywhere.  I have pony walls surrounding the front exterior portion of a house that I am working on.  The goal is to try and set up a wall where the bottom half is stone and the top half is siding.  Something seems to be overriding the stone material and overlaying the siding material type on the bottom half of the wall (see "Pony Wall Issue 1.png" attachment).

I noticed that there seem to be extra surfaces showing up on the exterior walls, and when I use the 'delete surface' tool, I'm able to remove them to get the effect that I want (see "Pony Wall Issue 2.png" attachment).

The problem is that removing the surfaces only works temporarily, the moment I make any changes elsewhere in the plan, the walls revert right back to the incorrect type.  I've looked through the default settings for both exterior walls and pony walls, and cannot seem to find the problem.

The odd thing is, the section of the wall contained by the porch area seems to render just fine,  it's just all the exterior walls not contained by outdoor "rooms" (like the porch and deck).

I'm also attaching the plan, if that helps anyone look into this.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Pony Wall Issue 1.png

Pony Wall Issue 2.png

Plan 1.plan

That seemed to work!  Thank you so much!

I figured this was something simple that I was missing.  I must have mistakenly added that exterior wall covering in my attempt to figure out how to create the pony wall.

Thanks again!