Graphics drivers....

YankeeBob

I'm currently using HD Pro 2020 but recently tried Premier with the idea of getting better renderings.  When running the render my CPU ran at 100% while my graphics card (RTX 2070) only ran at 2%.  Is there any plan for the programs to utilize the graphics card capability for rendering? 

Hello,

Thank you for the question.  The ray trace function runs primarily through he CPU.  The Standard and other rendering techniques such as Watercolor, Line Drawing, etc. as well as the 2D views run primarily through the GPU (graphic card).  The Physically Based rendering technique provides the closest result to raytracing and runs through the graphics card and provides near real-time results.  Our development team is looking at the newly released real-time ray trace capability that the RTX graphics cards can provide, but there is not a feature in Chief Architect that utilizes this graphic card function at this time.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions at 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek Pedersen

Chief Architect Software

• 2 weeks later...

The basic rendering technique is fine for working but rendering an image in CA Premier(tried to see if it worked any better) to a good quality took way too long.  Using the features of the new graphics cards would go a long way towards improving quality and reducing wait times for a quality image.  That was one main reason that I was looking at a Premier upgrade.