Brick Display Issues

jlliles87

I've noticed this for a few plans with a brick veneer foundation and brick veneer on the first floor walls above it, I get a few inches of overlap. I've been manually pulling the veneer above the foundation up a few inches to make the line disappear, but I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing that could remedy this problem. It looks like the brick over the first floor walls is coming down an extra few inches. I've already manually edited the brick along the garage wall. 

The other is hinged door going into the garage and how the brick is overlapping the door casing. I've tried a few things but can't get it to go away and I've never had this issue before. 

MACK WALKER 929-1012.plan

BRICK 1.jpg

BRICK 2.jpg

On 10/24/2019 at 3:44 AM, jlliles87 said:

with a brick veneer foundation and brick veneer on the first floor walls above it, I get a few inches of overlap.

You are probably seeing the brick ledge from the 1st floor walls.

On 10/24/2019 at 3:44 AM, jlliles87 said:

The other is hinged door going into the garage and how the brick is overlapping the door casing.

Don't know why it's like that, but changing the foundation wall fixes it.

ht1.thumb.png.5b28001cffe16b0d7c07a79f74ed0ba2.png

Thanks Solver. I made the change; however, the foundation wall re-aligns where its brick covers up the brick and windows of the 1st level. I started putting the brick/air gap in the main layer after posting a thread on this same alignment problem in the last house I did. 

Is it possible for you to show me how you would setup the layers for the foundation and exterior walls for a house with a brick veneer over the foundation and the exterior walls? I can't help but feel like I'm missing something obvious when it's so difficult to align the stud walls over the outside edge of the block the same way the contractor would out in the field. 

I'm thinking about going back to the way I used to draw brick houses: default CMU walls and siding exterior walls, then just use the material painter to give it a brick look.