Contour lines & building elevations - normally included in topo survey ?

jplee123

Hello. Are contour lines and building (floor, roof) elevation data normally included in a topographical survey? I had expected this from my topo + boundary survey, but the surveyor does not appear to have provided these details in my survey deliverables (attached).  

I created the .plan from the .dwg, having imported all details using Home Designer Pro 2020). Did I do the import incorrectly? 

The vendor has become non-responsive. In case I'm unable to settle this via simple/friendly means, how would I submit and settle a dispute about this?

Here is the text of the agreement, which doesn't specify one way or the other that contour lines & building elevations will be included, so I believe I'm left with standard & traditional service definitions of a Topographical survey.

image.thumb.png.1f6d356be8221e67d05fa74ad52a735a.png

2 additional pages of the agreement include only standard legal-ese (e.g. arbitration agreement), not any further definitions of services. All service descriptions are referenced back to the proposal shown above.

image.thumb.png.fa9b991961666cc6be9b7c065476400d.png

As always, thank you!

Jay.

Topo-217ValleVistaAve.dwg

Topo-217ValleVistaAve.zip

Survey217ValleVistaAveModel.pdf

18 minutes ago, jplee123 said:

Are contour lines and building (floor, roof) elevation data normally included in a topographical survey?

This forum is for the Home Designer products and not best for questions like this. You might try houzz.com or https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/ for more ideas.

If you do post on ChiefTalk, this type of question should go in Chatroom as it's not related to using the software.

You have had some good responses on ChiefTalk, but I'll offer some generic advice.

Ask, don't assume. Don't try to appear more knowledgeable than you are. Talk about outcomes first, then about the specifics.

40 minutes ago, jplee123 said:

Not sure what you meant by: "Don't try to appear more knowledgeable than you are." Can you clarify? 

Not suggesting you do so, but I've had interactions where someone was trying to sound knowledgeable -- using terminology they did not fully understand, or wanting to specify the "how" instead of the "what". Or failed to ask questions when they did not grasp what they were being told. Or answered a question with a guess instead of asking for clarification.