Sign in to follow this  
bigdaddygb

walls not showing.

So I layed out my house haven't changed anything in the settings and when i go to the framing view half my house doesn't shwo the walls. and the ones that do have about 4-6" down in the cement area. What am I doing wrong?

house.odt

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

You will need to show a picture (screen capture) at a minimum -- attach the plan file after closing the software for the best help.

Don't know what house.odt is.

If you have Home Designer Pro it will NOT show any framing in the walls until you manually order the wall framing to be built (No framing built equals no visible framing). Architectural, Suite, Interiors and Essentials auto-build framing by default, Pro does not.

DJP

sorry yes I have home designer pro 2020. And tried the manually building framing but will try again maybe i did something wrong when i did it. I had been using home desinger architect 2015 and just upgraded. and the house.odt  is how it saved it from my Libra writer office software as a screen shot.

1 hour ago, bigdaddygb said:

and the house.odt  is how it saved it from my Libra writer office software as a screen shot.

It helps others if you attach an image -- jpg or png file type.

Windows 10 has the Snipping Tool, Mac has something similar I imagine.

The software also lets you export an image (File>Export), but you don't have much control -- cannot capture a user defined area, only an entire window.

ok just a big thanks to you guys. You pointed me in the right direction with the framing build. There are boxes that apparently don't get checked marked when you just go in and tell it to build the framing. First time using.But thanks for the help.