Adding a shed roof over porch

AngieRobshaw

22 minutes ago, solver said:

May I suggest ...

ht1.thumb.png.62f2b3a16609f92f9aaaf40a2c866e23.pnght2.thumb.png.14211739ca58c6cca9569b2d16ad3830.png

Are you modeling an existing house, or is this a new design?

Solver, your back porch suggestion is a good one, however this is a small spec house and the shallow shed is cheaper.  We  are sacrificing design for dollars, where it doesn't show as much. I think the break in the front side is a great idea, looks good and goes with the money saving M.O. Now to figure out how to do it...

2 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

Probably a good time to learn about creating manual roofs. Which direction do you want the shed roof to run?

Yes, it is a great time to learn. I'm doing my best to learn as quickly as I can. I would like the shed roof to be over the back porch and run from front to back.

Solver,

Yes, I am constrained by a narrow / small lot. That bathroom design is definitely the most space efficient, but I have difficulty cutting every corner. I add in the few things that are most important to me where I can. (tiny bathrooms make me crazy) 

I really appreciate all the suggestions. Measurements are fixed. Lowered the front pitch to 6. Love how it looks, but I'm not sure I did it correctly. Made a mess of the front porch trying to figure out how to add that break. I Just ended up deleting the front porch roof and I will get back to it tomorrow.

Builder says no to moving the right side forward, so I am back to my original question. How to add a shed roof on the back porch?

Thank you,

Angie