Foundation/stem wall/deck design problems

TennScott

HD Pro 2020

I have been working on this design for a week now and it seems that when I get one parameter correct, I cause a problem somewhere else.  I finally got all of the footer depths to match, then I noticed that the entry door went from 6” above the porch to 12 inches.  Somehow, I raised the finished floor of the main living area.

I am trying to construct a single-family residence on a flat lot.  The foundation will consist of an 8” x 24” footer with the top at grade.  The lot is narrow, so a stem wall will be needed and a crawl space created.

I was using a CMU stem wall, three courses high, including all garage and living area walls, except the stem wall for the front/back porch, which would only have 2 1/2 courses of block. 

The garage floor will be 4’’ above the top of the footer.

The top of the stem wall with sill plate will be 26.625” above the top of the footer

The floor surface in the living areas will be 38.875” above the top of the footer

There will be a front and back porch, both the same elevation with a decking over the crawl space at 34.875” above the top of the footer or 22.625”.

How would I set up the structure dialog boxes for the garage, main living areas and porches to achieve this design?

The porches are under the inset in the corners under main roof for the residence.  I used exterior walls to delineate the exterior and inter walls of each porch and made the exterior walls invisible.  I attached an image of the back porch.

I also tried to construct a deck in the area of the porch, but I could not adjust any of the deck framing to elevate the decking. 

Can someone assist me with the problem I am having?

I'm getting a little closed on the front porch, but I can not edit the deck framing and lower the height of the stem wall along the outside perimeter of the porch...please ignore the roof. 

Back Porch.pdf

Front Forch.pdf

Unless you are a State Licensed Structural Engineer I would recommend that you not worry about the details of the foundation (in most states of the USA a licensed structural engineer is required to design plans for foundations and one would be wise to protect one's investment building it on a foundation designed by someone trained to do so). No one will ever "live" in a digital, virtual house model, the purpose of our 3D models is to create 2D plans to communicate our desires to Building Professionals who know how to do what they do. 

Eric has offered in his post above, some hyperlinks to resources for self-help which are searchable for specific help, avail yourself of them. Help yourself and help us help you.

DJP