Using site plan as an underlay (and recommendation for fixing site plan)

cnaeger

Hello,

I had 2 questions:

1) Is it possible to put a site plan (dxf file) on its own layer and use it to build the initial terrain and foundation (ideally using this layer to snap to as well), and then remove the layer and continue on?

2) The site plan is in need of some repair (ie. perimeter is not a closed polygon)  Does anyone have a recommendation on the Mac for software that I could use to fix the site plan. I think I need to remove a few layers, join line segments, etc. (Note: site plan is in dxf format).

Thanks,

Chad

1) Is it possible to put a site plan (dxf file) on its own layer and use it to build the initial terrain and foundation (ideally using this layer to snap to as well), and then remove the layer and continue on?

Not on a custom or specific layer that you alone choose (can be done easily in Chief Architect Premier)

2) The site plan is in need of some repair (ie. perimeter is not a closed polygon) Does anyone have a recommendation on the Mac for software that I could use to fix the site plan. I think I need to remove a few layers, join line segments, etc. (Note: site plan is in dxf format).

AutoCAD, Intellicad, Turbo CAD, Chief Architect Premier or Home Designer Pro (in a blank plan would be the easiest and then copy-paste into Pro once repaired)

DJP