Sign in to follow this  
ladybuilds

Build Roof Specifications

I've been trying to build a shed roof and watched the training video on it.  (I was working with an old version of Home Designer, but upgraded it just now.)  When I click on "build roof" I only have a very few specifications to choose from, but the video shows a whole slew of them.  What is wrong with my settings, and how do I get them back to match the video?  Is the video using a more expensive version with more "bells and whistles?"

Screen Shot 06-11-19 at 12.41 PM.JPG

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

The videos always show Pro, so there will be more options.

You need to make settings in walls to build a shed roof.

Under Build Roof, look at Roof Styles for info.

That's an excellent idea for the signature.  Done.

(I did figure out how to do the roof.)

Now, I am trying to figure out how to make floors out of dirt for horse stalls in the barn I'm trying to design.  Newbie here.

1 hour ago, ladybuilds said:

Now, I am trying to figure out how to make floors out of dirt for horse stalls in the barn I'm trying to design.  Newbie here.

Try an Open Below room type. Use a slab for the floor with its material set to dirt.

Where in NM? I spent 10 years at the South end of Corrales.