Help with roof for new house

Racer22

I have been fighting for several weeks trying to figure out how to put my house (new construction) in to Home Designer Suite 2019. I can’t get the roof to look like my house. I am really struggling on where to even begin getting my home into the software. Do I start with exterior walls? Foundation? Do I draw my garage when I do exterior walls? So many questions, I would appreciate any help or insight anyone would be willing to offer.

I am certainly not a novice when it comes to computers but I can’t seem to wrap my head around working with this software. I can’t even get to the cool part of the design elements let alone even get to putting interior walls.

Frustrated!

~Randy

Left Side.JPG

Front.JPG

Attempt.JPG

Back.JPG

Right Side.JPG

I guess I don't understand which roof pitch to change. I have tried so many of the walls (to change pitch) and nothing ever seems to change. I have tried to draw the porch but how do I do that, ad the extra overhang on the front walls (I already tried that)? And I don't know how to eliminate the the additional gable that gets created by the garage & house roofs to create one roof so to say in order to make the porch.

12 minutes ago, Racer22 said:

which roof pitch to change

Build roof dialog -- not in a wall dialog. Then go to Edit>Reset To Defaults, choose Roof Directives In Walls (only if you have changed pitch for a specific wall -- and you will need to set gable and returns again).

15 minutes ago, Racer22 said:

I have tried to draw the porch

Draw walls outlining it. Change the room type to porch. Make the walls invisible.

• 1 year later...

2 year ago we bought a house with a leaky flat roof. The roof was once a garage, now a room. We decided that flat roofs always need replacing so replaced it with an angled pitched roof. New beams, more insulation and a higher internal ceiling. Cost $4,000 but has added value to the house as the room felt dingy before as the ceiling was too low.