Sign in to follow this  
CrippleCreek

Roof cutting exterior wall height

Using Pro 2020 When I select roof--build roof planes the rafters cause the exterior walls to shorten and the ceiling is chamfered. How do I maintain exterior wall height while using the auto roof function?

I see you said Pro 2020, but you can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

The Auto Roof Builder uses ceiling height to determine where roof planes go.

Posting images and your plan file (close Pro first) will help others help you.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have set my wall heights to 8' but after using the Auto Roof Builder they become shortened (last time to 82") by the program. Walls in the interior are unchanged.

3 minutes ago, CrippleCreek said:

Not sure how best to send images of problem

Use a screen capture program. Windows 10 has the Snipping Tool, a Mac has something similar.

Don't need to put the image into another file like a PDF or Word document, just attach it directly so it shows in the forum.

Attaching your plan (the .plan, not a picture of the plan) file will also help as there are many interrelated settings and it's much easier to identify problems with the plan loaded on our computers.

Nothing is attached.

Zip it or make a copy and delete the cars, trees, furniture etc to make it smaller.

Thank you that took care of the problem. I tried all sorts of fixes none of which worked. I think the program kept the old roof baselines and kept building the roof off of them. Even deleting all the roof sections and regenerating them did not work. 

Eric, Thanks again Warren

57 minutes ago, CrippleCreek said:

I think the program kept the old roof baselines and kept building the roof off of them.

Roof Baseline Polylines must be created by the user by checking the box in the Build Roof dialog. They control how the roof builds, but as you found, are not connected to the roof.

They often cause these type of problems. I'd suggest only using them in the rare case they are truly needed.