placing objects in closets on shelves

Donco15

I am having difficulty placing objects on a shelf in a closet.  I want to have the shoes on the shelves to show how many shoes can be placed on a shelf.  I have the shelves slanted.  

Some shoes allow me to put them on the shelves but they look like they are floating instead of sitting on the shelf

Question:  Is this because of the tilt of the shoe shelf?

Question: Is there a special tool that I must use to make this happen?

Thanks for the feedback

D-

p.s. This is my first time putting objects in a closet. I have no issues with furniture or in a kitchen.  There must be something that I am missing..

Thanks...sounds very straight forward

a few questions

1. where is the isometric camera located?

2. what is the control key - drag method?

3. why do some items show up in 3D view when trying to place in location.. but others do not?  However, I see them when I am in floor plan view.. 

Thanks

D-

3 hours ago, Donco15 said:

1. where is the isometric camera located?

Camera tools in the main tool bar

2. what is the control key - drag method?

Symbols are pre-programmed to bump into other symbols as if they were actual solid objects like in the real world. In order to temporarily overcome this fact when locating objects in Home Designer, you can "Left-click-select" any object and then depress the "Control Key (CTRL), while maintaining your depressed left mouse button and then drag the selected object and it will travel to wherever you wish and not, while doing so, "bump" into other objects.

3. why do some items show up in 3D view when trying to place in location.. but others do not?  However, I see them when I am in floor plan view..

Most new users do not yet fully understand that there is not just one "Display Options" dialog. In fact there is a different "Display Options" dialog for each camera type and another one just for use while in plan view. This dialog controls what shows or is invisible in plan view or any camera view which explains why something might be visible in plan view but yet be invisible or just not seen while in a particular camera view.

DJP