Elevation Line Drawings

Quest55

Home Designer Pro question - I have been searching online for DAYS! The manuals don't help either.

How do I create an elevation view as a line drawing without colors or textures? The "technical view" looks too busy with all the siding and roofing detail, I want simple black lines defining blank white planes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quest55 said:

How do I create an elevation view as a line drawing without colors or textures?

Textures and Patterns are used in different types of views, but they both may be toggled off.

Colors may also be toggled on or off.

Search help for patterns and for colors.

• Like 1

Thanks Solver-- The Help search did lead me to toggle off both patterns and colors, however the resulting views are of grayscale solid-fill images with no lines. The Vector and Technical views give me lines but retain line-drawn textures even with pattern turned off.

This is what Help says: Select 3D> Camera View Options> Toggle Textures in a 3D view to turn off the display of material textures...Not available in Glass House,Technical Illustration or Vector Views.

I'm a new user of Pro. I had assumed there would be a default way to make line drawn elevations, and I have seen what I want in various Home Designer videos. Any other pointers?

21 minutes ago, Quest55 said:

The Vector and Technical views give me lines but retain line-drawn textures even with pattern turned off.

Vector and Technical views do not show textures -- only Standard view uses textures.

Does Pro have this?

ht1.thumb.png.d0ece3e59563aaf8ededbe64a4c28dfd.png

• Like 1