flatland

roof design on existing roof and new roof

I have been working on this since last week and cannot solve the roof design. Have used Chief architect pro for 4 years and always have the same problem. I  m working on an existing two story home . Basically simply adding on addition at rear of home. Using primarily gable roof plans. I have checked every wall , and structure a dozen times. There's also a sloped roof, existing, over family area. I really need help asap. I do have auto build off. I'm using pro 2019 upgrade as of two weeks ago.

carterhomerevised 6 islandfirstfloor.pdf

carterhomerevised 6 islandrevrised.pdf

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

Please post questions in Q&A. Tips & Techniques is where you share your tips and techniques.

And ...

Please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

Pictures of the plan are rarely helpful, but attaching the plan file (close Pro first) will help.

and ...

I see you said Pro 2019 -- and please refer to it as Home Designer, not Chief Architect to avoid confusion, but you can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

I have no idea what the problem is.

You will need to communicate what you are trying to do via a drawing or other so someone can help you get there.

From what you have written, I would guess that you have not yet made yourself learn how to use manual roof tools. There is very little you cannot do once you make yourself by trial and error (failure and success), learn manual roof tools and procedures. You learn by just doing, failing, then succeeding.

If you do not wish to do that please post a copy of your problem plan for others to look at and solve.

DJP

If you want help with something, you need to post in Q&A.