Sign in to follow this  
Huckleberry

Home designer pro room addition

I am learning how to use home designer pro for a bedroom addition.  I am wanting to extend a gable out to accommodate the addition but on a slab instead of on a footing with a stem wall. I was able to do this and get the roof offset to a lower level as I wanted but, the stem walls seem to change through out the house when I change the addition room.  Existing home is on footings with a stem wall, I want the addition at a slightly lower level, roof included, for a better look and so we walk straight out into the yard for this room close to ground level.  Any help would be appreciated.

I see you said Pro, but you can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on, then see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Be sure to include the year (2018, 2019 etc).

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Check Monolithic Slab in the new room, rebuild the foundation.

I selected the new room clicked the monolithic slab but when I change the stem wall heights, they change through out the structure, new room and existing.

Post the plan file -- close pro first.

Sorry, I do not know how to post the plan file.  Drag a copy of my saved file after closing Pro?

Thank you for your help.

I should have said, delete the foundation, then rebuild.

ht1.thumb.png.84b854d6d18719011c3a084901eaa81d.png

OK, great thank you. How do I get the slab lower where the footings match but floors are offset about 24 inches?

That was it, thank you very much for the help.  I will need to show attachment of the slab to existing foundation.  I guess I can just draw that.