cant change siding material

vhehn462

got a plan drawn but  want the walls to be stacked stone in the elevation view. no matter what I try it will not change. have tried to change it in defaults and by opening an individual wall object and specifying stacked stone. nothing works. any ideas?

using 2015 version. I have bigger problems now. after screwing around trying to get the walls to change to stacked stone I closed the program and now when I open it I have just two lines on my buildsheet. a random straight interior wall and a straight section of exterior wall. nothing else. my whole plan seems to be gone. where did it go? if I do an elevation from the edge of the page the elevation view is still there. confused? what did I do wrong?

post your version of HD 2015 and a copy of your plan so someone can look at it for you.

if you have really screwed the plan up somehow , look in the Data Folder for a folder call archives and look for a plan with the same name as the one that went pear shaped....

M.

• Upvote 2

That is the stacked stone from the core catalog in an elevation.

Here it is from a 3D view.

Applied in the Wall Specification > Wall Covering

Make sure you are applying to the exterior surface.

You could also paint it on with the material painter, or create a new wall type with the stone as the exterior material.

none of the suggestions would change my exterior wall to stacked stone. I know it should but cant figure out why it refuses to change.

I opened your plan and here is what I found -- stacked stone everywhere except some wood at the slab/foundation level.

Are you seeing something different?

ok I see. under 3d camera view I get the stacked stone but under elevation camera view no stacked stone. is that normal? 

another question if you don't mind. why does the wall look invisible inside the porch? tia