Can I rotate house?

DonaldB

I've created a detailed design of my home, but am now doing some work on the yard so have moved to the exterior design.  I realize now that my home is oriented incorrectly (North-South), so I'm wondering how, or if, I can change it.  I have the survey, so I would like to use the survey coordinates to help create my boundaries.

1.  Can I rotate a completely designed home?  The design is pretty detailed and every time I've tried to move it, it makes a mess of things.

2.  If I do, what are the implications?  Right now the front door is at the bottom of the page while the back door is at the top.  When using HD, this makes the most sense and is easy to understand.  If i do rotate the house to the correct cardinal direction the house will be pointing to the right which will make it harder to work with while in the application.  If I rotate it, will i still be able to work on the house in the original orientation (front door down, back door up (on the computer screen))?

Thoughts / options?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Regards,
Donald
HD Architectural 2019

Rotating the house can be done but is NOT a good idea. If you try it first make a copy of your plan file so it things go off the rails, you have something to fall back on to try again. The best practice is to plan ahead and create the model or house orientated as you wish to start out with. If you need to add a "North Pointer" to show magnetic North relative to the house, there are easily edited tools for that (North Pointer Tool-SunAngle Tool) as opposed to turning the house relative to some arbitrary direction other than the "North-South" of the edit Child Window in Home Designer.

DJP