MrCEReno

Auto Stairwell issue, wont generate stairwell

I am trying to create a stairwell directly below a existing stairwell in order to connect the basement floor to the 1st floor. i have made sure that the stair well continues past the floor of the level above. I have snapped both side to the wall on either side of the stairs. Even with making sure that i have all the dimensions correct when ever i click on the auto stairwell tool it receive a message that tells me that it is unable to connect the rials to one or more of the existing walls or railings so it is unable to make the open below stairwell room.  I have tried numerous methods and watch numerous videos from other forums and cannot find anything to help me with this issue. Please can some one walk me through this.

In all the photos I have made the wall on the sides of the stairwells invisible in order to get a better view of the stairwell in the 3D view

Stair problem.pdf

stair problem 2.pdf

Please post images (.png, .jpg etc) directly as they show in the forum and do not require a separate download to view -- no need to make a PDF of an image.

-----------

Attaching the plan file (close the software first), will allow others to make the best suggestions.

-----------

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

If the auto stairwell tool is not working, you can create your own using an Open Below room as that's all the stairwell tool does -- along with placing railings.

Thanks. Did you try the Open Below room?

have not tried to use the open below room feature yet 

plan to watch tutorial video tomorrow as it is late and i have to work in the am

however I am not wanting to install any railing around the opening as it is going to be full enclosed by walls 

not sure if i can do that with the open floor feature. 

i will check back on what ever help you can provide me with tomorrow. thank you so far

On the first floor, select the room under the stairs -- select the stairs then Tab to select the room. Give it the Open Below room type.