jnicbell321

Pony wall for a glass shower

I have created pony walls with glass on top for my glass shower.  The wood is showing on the end where it meets the shower door and also where the glass meets the wall.  How do you hide the wood stud?

Thanks,

Jen

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 11.21.12 AM.png

I'm sure you have upgraded from Interiors, so ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Someone might look at your plan if you post the file.

Search the forum for Shower. The problem with the shower wall butting into the wall was recently discussed.

15 minutes ago, George-Costanza said:

I have attempted to figure out what I did but have not been able to figure out a fix.

Look at your interior wall definition. Make sure they are the same.

The program wraps the outermost layer, which in your case is 0" thick, so nothing shows.

If you want that extra layer, make it 1/128" thick. The program will show it as 0", but internally, it has a thickness.

Experiment a bit and you will see how it works.

@George-Costanza

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

FWIW, I was preparing a new thread and came back to delete my posts here, so as to not high jack the OPs thread. I thought we had a similar problem but now suspect it is different and that the solution to my issue will not help with the OP question.

Thank you.

Thanks for the advice.  I tried going through help files and didn't see anything about wrapping edges or finished edges.  Here is how I have those two pony

walls defined.

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2019

About the only thing I can do is cheat and change that interior wall from wood to tile and you won't see it.  Just was hoping I could figure out the right way.

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 6.58.38 AM.png