How to change single exterior wall type

CanuckDreamer

I would like to change the exterior look of segments of the exterior of the house.  For example, I am planning a rock look on one face.  I also have an exterior wall with cedar siding.  However, every time I select the single wall section and try to change the materials, it changes the look of the whole house exterior.  If I change wall covering, it is on the interior.  See the photo.  You can see the cedar wall at the entrance.  What do you suggest?

IMG_4960.jpg

Learn the relationship between a default wall's exterior material setting and how you can change a single wall using that wall's "Materials Tab", if you change the default exterior material setting of a wall type, that change affects all such walls in the plan, whereas if you use the wall's material tab, you can change just one wall at  a time. You also can use the "Wall Covering tool" to place a single material on a wall's exterior or interior and vary the height of the material change. If your version has a "pony wall" option you can stack two different wall types to create an Architectural look.

Anyone trying to help you needs to know what software you are using, its version number and title name. Then, the above suggestions might begin to make sense once you open your Reference Manual and Help files to inform yourself about the above tools I have suggested.

DJP