Gap at the top of staircase

SimplyNoted

Hi all,

I have Home Designer Pro 2019. On floor one of my plan, I have two 9' railings 40" apart, connected to a wall at one end and I created a room divider across the other side, at the top of what will be the top landing of the staircase. After placing the room divider, I selected my new "room" and chose a room type of Open Below.

On the basement level, I created a staircase with length 114 1/2", Width 40", Tread Depth 8 3/16" with 14 treads. In the Interior Staircase Specification dialog, on the Style panel, I checked Nose at Top Landing and Riser Surface at Top Landing.

Now, when I create a camera view in the basement, looking up the stairs, I can see hardwood all the way up the stairs, but the top riser doesn't quite make it to the very top. There is a tiny gap between riser and nosing where I can see OSB from behind.

I've searched and searched, but I come up with an explanation for the gap, nor can I find a way to get rid of it.

Any thoughts?

Stairs - Top : view of stairs/railings from first floor, looking down.

OSB showing : You can see a strip of OSB just below the nosing.

Looking down : looks like the nosing is extending too far. The second last tread ls showing less tread than all the others.

Floor Plan View - first floor

On the basement level, I created a staircase with length 114 1/2", Width 40", Tread Depth 8 3/16" with 14 treads. In the Interior Staircase Specification dialog, on the Style panel, I checked Nose at Top Landing and Riser Surface at Top Landing.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the OSB that is showing through?

Stairs - Top.pdf

OSB Showing.pdf

Looking down.pdf

Floor Plan View.pdf

Here is a copy of the plan. My walls have no drywall on purpose. I'm doing some back and forth with an architect. This walls in his blueprints don't have drywall, which I believe is the norm. I just find it easier to send/receive copies of the plan that are apples to apples (i.e. no drywall). Once the plan is finalized, I'll make a copy, add drywall to my walls and continue on to décor and other things.

No, I didn't try the Make Best Fit button. The last time I tried that, the program suggested that my ideal staircase would have 17 treads. Obviously there is something I'm not getting about this feature.

Thank you!

House Plan.plan

The software does not do, by default "perfect", when it occurs, it is due to the end user making it so by careful adjustment or in extreme cases, a workaround. I have seen such shortfalls since day one back in 1995 when I started using this software. Your problems, I believe are merely requiring some minor adjustments. I am not making nothing of your complaints but I am saying that such things are mainly handled by manual adjustments by you.

DJP