Sign in to follow this  
KALU2410

Bill

I'm new to Home Designer, I've only learned to put up walls so far and I find that the roof lines that are automatically generated are problematic but I haven't found where to turn them off. Can somebody assist me with that? 

Please try for better titles -- Bill does not tell us anything :)

Answers often depend on what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding this info to your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Review the Build Roof dialog to see where to control Auto Rebuild Roofs.

Use Edit>Delete Objects to delete a variety of things, including roof planes.

Hi "Solver", I appreciate your feedback. I'm using Home Designer Suite 2015 and what I'm looking to turn off is the faint lines that the program automatically puts in as roof lines when you are creating the outside walls and floor layout. When I watched the tutorials I believe I had seen a reference to turning them off but I can't seem to locate that information now. I've put the query into the "Help" feature but it didn't come up with anything. Regards, Bill

With the floor plan the active plan, up on the tool bar: Tools - Display Options - scroll down to 'roof planes' and uncheck it.

Jo_Ann,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I'm new at this and unfortunately, learning new things is a bit more difficult at this age. 

I'm trying to design a single floor handicap accessible home for my retirement.

Best regards,

Bill