Is HD Interiors the right product? (custom tiled bathtub deck)

walkerwear

I'm using HD Interiors 2018 primarily for a master bath remodel. There are 2 areas I'm hitting roadblocks: designing a custom tiled tub deck for a drop-in tub, and designing custom tile patterns on the floor and/or walls (herringbone or subway or rectilinear PLUS tile borders around the perimeter).

What level of your product would handle the tub surround, and what level would handle the fancy tile designs? 

FWIW, your tutorials talk about the tub surround being created with Open Symbol (edit) and Fixture Specification dialog, but I don't have that option.

Regards,

14 minutes ago, walkerwear said:

designing a custom tiled tub deck for a drop-in tub, and designing custom tile patterns on the floor and/or walls (herringbone or subway or rectilinear PLUS tile borders around the perimeter).

None of the Chief Architect/Home Designer products are intended to do tile patterns.

They all use images of tile that are tiled across a surface. 

That said, this is a pattern of individual tiles inlayed into a wood floor, so with some work, things can be done.

5a7bb76257128_ct1(1)(1).thumb.jpg.5b89af18fce097bf2261255c0bc95055.jpg

Interiors, I believe is quite limited in its abilities when it comes to creating and manipulating shapes.

Also, the articles all have a legend at the top showing which title it applies to, and make sure you are looking at the Home Designer (blue theme) and not the Chief Architect (green theme) site. There is a Chief Interiors product, and a Home Designer Interiors product.