Edit 2D CAD Blocks for Symbols in Home Designer Pro 2018

philiplaird

When I download symbols from 3D Warehouse, often the orientation of the 2D CAD Block is 180 degrees from the 3D Symbol. I know there is a way to edit the orientation of the 2D CAD Block in Chief Architect, but so far I have not been able to find a way to do it in Home Designer Pro 2018. Any help is appreciated.

Success! Through experimentation I was able to create the new 3D symbol with the correct orientation of the 2D CAD Block. I first created a new plan in Home Designer Pro 2018 with four exterior walls only. I then created the new 3D symbol in this plan. Voila, the orientation of both the 3D symbol and the 2D CAD Block were the same. Once this was accomplished, the symbol and CAD Block orientation were correct when placed in the existing plan where I had originally tried to create the new 3D symbol. I'm not sure why I was unable to create the new 3D symbol in the existing plan. The plan had been rotated 180 degrees and maybe that had something to do with why the 2D CAD Block orientation was off by 180 degrees.