Stepped foundation

Trueburton

Im using home designer pro 2018. Trying to build a walkout foundation. I tried following the steps in the tutorial for stepped foundations but it seems i am missing something. I am building the attached garage with only frost walls to 42" and the main house will be a walkout. First when trying to set footing depths using the room specification menu I set my stem wall height at 42" with the floor 8" below SWT. With 8" footings, that should put my footings at 42" below grade assuming grade is garage slab height. However, When I go into the cross section view and click on the foundation walls, I shows the wall at 3-10 5/8" to top of slab, plus 8" to SWT. Not sure what is going on. There are other issues I am running into when turning the foundation walls into pony walls to create my walkout but will address those later.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Questions like this need at a minimum, multiple images showing settings and 3D views of the house.

Or, just post the plan file.

It's also helpful to break up your narrative with an occasional blank line. Makes it easier to read and understand :)

When I try to lower the foundation wall where the slider is to get it to 42" below grade, it moves the floor with it. So I went back to the floor defaults to change the floor height in relation to stem wall but it then rebuilds the entire foundation. 

How do I get the stepped foundation to work without affecting the floor height?

• 2 weeks later...

yes that is what I am going for. I am using the room divider and it worked pretty good.

There is one wall it crosses that is just a strip footing on the middle bearing wall but it wants to make it a frost wall like the rest of the walls in that "room"

Is there a way other than manually clicking and dragging to make this wall not follow the specs for this "room"?

Thanks

Grit_12.plan