Hexagonal Tile / Custom Pattern file?

ethanjsmith82

I am trying to figure out how to create a hex pattern tile floor using a specific color and tile size.  Some manufacturers might have created a mosaic hex or similar but I need a way to specific the exact size and color of the tile I am thinking of buying so I can see what it will look like in our bathroom.

Do I need to be doing anything with the pattern files?  I tried using a custom pattern but there's nothing in there related to hex layouts.  It seems all textures are square files.

Go to the site and download the Bonus Tile catalog, apply the hex tile to the floor or wall, to get the color you want, pick a color you want, apply it to a wall then open the material definition tool and click on the color, click select, write down the numbers for that color.

Use the material definition tool to do the same for the tile, use the numbers that you wrote down and click blend color and texture.

To get the size you want change the X and Y numbers.

Thanks, this definitely helped somewhat.  The numbers for X and Y don't correspond exactly to real life but I can at least get a better visualization than before.  Unfortunately the hex tile texture that is included in the bonus tile catalog uses tiles of different colors/shades so even when I color it the color I want some of the tiles show up differently than others.

Is this expected behavior or is there something additional I can do to get all the tiles the exact same color?