First time printing, need help

Trueburton

Hey guys,

I am using Home Designer Pro 2018.  I am very new to this program and I am trying to print off a set of plans.  A couple of questions first. In order to create a plan set, I am drawing each page and then sending it to a layout page. This means there are two created files for one page. I know you cant have more than one layout page open at a time but was wondering if there is an easier way to create plan sets. 

Secondly, I have created my drawings and am ready to print. I am have troubles with the drawing sheet size and keeping my original plan to scale.  Also when I send plans to layout, it defaults to C size but id like to use B size sheets.  Can I set this up before making my plans to draw on B size or can I easily scale things after they are drawn?

Thanks,

Adam

8 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

I know you cant have more than one layout page open at a time but was wondering if there is an easier way to create plan sets. 

Are you reading the KB articles I linked?

Home Designer products have single page layouts.

Do you have Drawing Sheet Setup? File>Print>Drawing Sheet Setup

You should be able to set the paper size there.

Yes, Ive read all that but when I resized the paper, the layout blocks dont fit the paper anymore even after i resized them. Is there a way to make it always setup the layout to fit a certain size paper or does it always default to C?

Also side question, after sending to layout it added  1st Floor to the page but its not on the plan view. How do I change this?

13 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

Also side question, after sending to layout it added  1st Floor to the page but its not on the plan view. How do I change this?

Select the layout box, open it (control-e), and suppress the label.

ht1.thumb.jpg.24ce588787182d62fa25bce25b96f43c.jpg

17 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

Is there a way to make it always setup the layout to fit a certain size paper or does it always default to C?

You will need to edit your template plan. 

If you will look, using Windows File Explorer in

C:/Windows/Users/Your Name/My Documents/Home Designer Pro 2018 Data/Templates/profile.plan

This plan file is the one that opens within HD Pro, each time you command "New Plan" in the "File Menu".

Open it, make any changes to your defaults, including page size, dimensions, foundation -- essentially any defaults you want for all plans.

Save it and close it. Now when you start a new plan, all these defaults will be set.

This is from Chief Architect help, so I'd recommend looking at your help for specifics.

To create your own template layout
1. Select File> New Layout  .
2. Select Edit> Defaults Settings  and open and modify the settings in the default dialogs as needed. See Default Settings.
3. Select Tools> Display Settings> Display Options  and create any custom layers, layer sets and layer settings that you typically use. See Layers.
4. Select File> Print> Drawing Sheet Setup  and specify the desired print settings. See Drawing Sheet Setup Dialog.
5. Select Tools> Layout> Page Down  to go to layout page 0 and use the CAD tools to design a border and title block that suits your needs. See Layout Page Zero.
To set a template as your default
1. Select Edit> Preferences   and go to the New Plans panel of the Preferences dialog. See New Plans Panel.
2. Click Imperial or Metric Units.
3. Click the Browse button for either the plan or layout template.
4. Select a template file from the Templates directory or navigate to a different location and select a template from there.