Which Home Designer Package to Buy

charliesnewhome

Hello,

I just recently bought virtual Architect Ultimate to design my new house. When I got to the vaulted ceiling design part of it, the software would not do it. The help line said it was no longer an option. What a disappointment! I am now looking for a different package to do my design with. I already have a builder who can take my floor plans and design the structure (framing, foundation, etc); I just need the most cost effective package to do my floor layouts, interior and exterior views, furniture placement (to check sizes of the rooms). Obviously, It needs to do vaulted ceilings in some rooms and others not. The vaulted ceilings may not be on the same angle as the roof (scissor trusses). Can anyone suggest which one of the offerings will do the job? It appears the pro package can do the job but  I do not want to pay that much. I appreciate the help!

Suite will probably work, except for the scissor truss ceilings. It does vaulted ceilings, but they follow the roof slope.

It might be possible to build 2 models, one for exterior and one for interior, using different roof slopes as needed for each.

Architectural has tools that will let you obtain the look of the trussed ceilings. You would create a wedge shaped object to fill in the ceiling creating the look you want.

Pro is the only version designed to do what you need. It does trusses and has a ceiling plane tool used for placing ceiling planes wherever you need.

There is a new option to rent Pro, and you can upgrade to the next title by paying the difference in price.