How to do this in HD pro - top structure

Acropolis

Yes, you want to set the "Ceiling Structure" from the first floor from the default "2x6 wood ceiling joists by default" to a slab using your intended thickness for the roof rafters to set upon in you require a slanted roof. If you require a flat roof with parapet walls you simply create a second floor, set its dialog box to "No Ceiling and No Roof" and set the ceiling height of the second floor to the intended height of the parapet walls.  You change the "Floor Structure" of the second floor to a slab (No wood floor joists), then You set the second floor's floor covering to be impervious roofing instead of flooring. Either way works, just two different approaches. All achieved with settings and perhaps a custom slab if no parapet walls are needed.

DJP

I just want the peripheral walls to have the top tied together as they are at the bottom with the footer, and its part of the wall structure.

It needs to be only a wall, not a second slab, the 2x6 roof structure sits on this or is anchored to this concrete peremitral structure.

If I could tie questionable material calculations back, the solution to this might be a pony wall, but its not clear the calculations are correct when I change the height it should reduce the red hollow brick and increase the solid concrete, that I'm not seeing.