Detached Garage

rvbinder

How can I draw a detached garage for a house that has a basement foundation?  I was able to add the garage to the first floor plan, but I it has a basement foundation (it should be just a slab), and gets a second floor, when I add the second floor to the house.  The garage doesn't have a second floor - just a roof. I added a slab to the garage, but that didn't remove the basement under it.  I couldn't remove the second floor without removing the second floor of the house.

This software always considers that whatever is in the .plan file is a new construct, So it is then on you to manually adjust the garage's floor lever in the case where the garage has a lower floor level than the house. Then setting the second floor requires the same sort of planning  in that if the main house has a different floor height than the garage per floor you leave the Default Settings Floor for ceiling height where it was for the floors of the house, setting the garage relative to just the garage. This is done before roofing the out structure or garage. The software will try to apply the main structure's default settings to all structures in the plan file, So you must take steps that this is compensated for by you. I would recommend that you manually draw the secondary structure's foundation if your software allows it, otherwise you set the garage's foundation setting in the Garage's own Room Specification Dialog box - Structure Tab before ordering the building of the foundation.

This is not complicated to do but when creating more than one structure in a .plan file YOU must step in and help guide the software to a specific result, the software is merely a mechanical  contraption that runs on settings and control provided by you.

DJP