Sign in to follow this  
ChiefUserRobin

Want molding only to show on front of cabinetry

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2015.  I am trying to show a client an entertainment center that fits flush against the back and side walls.  The cabinet has crown molding, a "countertop" with a rounded edge profile and base trim.  I can't figure out how to delete the molding as it wraps around the side/back of the piece.  I've tried placing walls as close to it as I can, but it doesn't seem to be deleting the extra molding on the sides, which are showing up on my elevations.

1) Please fill out your Signature -- see below.

2) Posting a picture or 2 will let us see what you see.

What molding are you wanting to change -- the crown?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. Doing so makes it always available, and this info is often key to providing a good suggestion

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

I am sorry to say this is a limitation built into all HD titles. When you assign a molding profile to a cabinet it by default wraps around the front and sides of a cabinet automatically. Only Chief Architect Premier adds the ability to manually create "molding profile poly-lines" that can be edited on each of the poly-lines edges (line segments).

DJP