Trouble with Stair Railings, double molding and exposed framing

CCRRAR2

I am new to the forum and self taught on the software but have run into some problems that I cannot figure out.  I tried searching the knowledge base and the forum but could not find anything on point so I am here looking for some advice.

I created a set of stairs with three sections and two platforms.  The main problem is the railings are not connecting from one segment to the next (see attached).

There are a couple of other problems that can also be seen in the picture.  The first is the double row of crown molding.  the picture is a two story foyer so I have indicated an open to below "room" on the second  floor.  The second problem is at the top of the stairs where framing instead of finished walls is visible.

Any help on any of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

post-665-0-75174400-1409015392_thumb.jpg

There was a bug in the last Patch that is causing the crown moulding error , it's not your fault/something you've done , if you do a forum search you will find a "Bug" report/thread about it.

In the Staircase's  DBX (dialog BOX) on the railing TAB  do you have railing transitions set for the left side ? and smooth transitions..?

You can , if ever needed follow the link to the old Legacy Forum too, it is sometimes worth searching there too.... 

Mick

Mick

Thanks for your suggestions. I looked at my railing tab and do not see an option for smooth transitions.  I have looked at various views and it appears my landings are attached to my stair segments.  I will search the old forum but in the mean time if you have any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

Rob

post the plan or more pics.......

you did looking at the staircase's railing tab right ? perhaps HDA doesn't have it ?   I am on Pro.

You have a complicated 5 part stair so heights etc will need to be bang on is my guess , but it's a guess without more info...

M.

post-25-0-97967500-1409187557_thumb.jpg

To make the end post show, I added a short invisible wall where the post is. This prevented the wall on the left from overlapping the end post.

Where the stairs connect to the upper floor, I noticed multiple things a bit out of alignment and tried to correct them.

Under Staircase Specifications > Style, I checked "Nosing at Top Landing"  and "Riser Surface at Top Landing".

On the wall below -- The one with the door to the under stair storage, I checked "Balloon Through Ceiling Above".

Getting the connection between the stairs and upper floor correctly spaced was important. Too close or too far and surfaces did not render correctly. Also the stair width was critical, and still not right.

Your plan with my changes is attached.

-- Eric