Pole barn design

rfcomm2k

I am using HD Pro 2014 here.

I need to duplicate an existing pole barn construction so that I can provide the owner with plans to add an addition and to enclose the existing structure (currently has posts, beams, trusses, and roof, no walls).

I looked in the knowledge base and found article KB-01081, which was a little helpful, but was not enough. First, even after following the instructions to the letter, I do not see a roof on the structure, which is contrary to the pix attached to the article.

Next, there are posts and beams in the middle of this 28' x 38' structure. The posts are 15'6" tall (top of footing to top of post). The beams are double 2x12 let into the top of the posts, so each post has a 1.5" high x3" wide notch cut into it at the top.

How would I go about placing these posts and beams in the interior space and then show the proper truss construction joining everything together?

Well, I figured out the roof problem. Instead of following th KB article "Select Build> Railing and Deck> Straight Railing railing.png", I instead selected "Build>Wall>Straight Railing"

At least I now have a roof, but still cannot see how to specify center posts. There are 12 posts total, 3 rows of 4 each, with 2 of them inside the interior of structure.

The number of poles (Newels) is controlled in the "Wall Specification Dialog - Newels and Balusters Tab - OC Spacing" in HD Pro. If you cannot get the spacing you need and want by way of that setting then I recommend that you:

Set the "Newel width" to 1/16" (this setting makes them virtually invisible) and then place pole symbols from the Library Browser that you can control the spacing of.

Either way works and you use the method which gets the spacing the way you need the quickest way.

DJP