Scissor roof help

retiredmarine

I'm trying to add my roof to my design and I can't seem to figure it out.  I've attached my truss design, it's a scissor design with the vaulted interior 20' wide, it has an additional 8' on each side to account for the porch and a mud room on one side.  I've added my plans too in case that's easier.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

post-3923-0-42629900-1475428338_thumb.png

frame only 2X4 walls.plan

David...  Holy cow man!! That was the BEST answer I have ever gotten to ANY question I have ever posted about any topic here or elsewhere!!  Thank you!  Of course there's always a rub.. here's mine... I have Home Designer Suite 2016 not pro... am I going to get anywhere close to this in suite? Another question might be could I open the copy of the file you have edited if you saved it as a "suite" version? would I loose your work?

Again thank you!

I made the video before you updated your signature. Suite (any version) does not have the ability to draw trusses much less a scissor truss. If you want to draw and edit trusses you MUST upgrade to Home Designer Pro. With Suite you can piddle around but with Pro you can really start doing construction documents.

DJP