Sign in to follow this  
bigriles

reshaping a soffit

Im looking to build a triangular shapped cornice under a saltbox roof rafter. it seems to me i did this in the past by turning a soffit into a triangle shape. cant seem to do this now. do i have an edit behavior turned off /  guidance please. thanks.

Not sure which Home Designer product you're using.  Do you have a triangle shape available in the Shapes Library?

pro 16.  tried a triangle but can only adjust size in two axis(not dia,)  im thinking something is set to limit my adjustment to shape. need to adjust triangle to foof pitch as well(34 degrees)

A wedge from the library can be sized in 3 directions. 

Could you post a picture of what you are trying to model?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Im looking to build a triangular shapped cornice under a saltbox roof rafter. it seems to me i did this in the past by turning a soffit into a triangle shape. cant seem to do this now. do i have an edit behavior turned off /  guidance please. thanks.

Are you perhaps thinking of creating a triangular shaped soffit like is described in this earlier thread?

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/1925-non-rectangular-soffits/#entry10970