creating a quarter circle filled area

eganders

I am trying to create a quarter circular area that is enclosed so I can cover it with a brick material.  I ended up using a driveway area and fooling around with the rectangular result with the line to arc tool until I had facsimile a quarter circle. Is there a better way of doing this or a procedure that makes this a cleaner operation?  I had to start over once because I had so many break points that it was a real mess.  Also, are there mirror and flip, type  tools that would make creating mirror images of odd shapes easier.  See what I have done in the attachment to get an idea of some of the things I am trying to do.

post-46-0-77687800-1400115900_thumb.png

post-46-0-56478200-1400117753_thumb.jpg

There are six or seven different software titles in the current version of Home Designer software line and there are seven or so versions still in use, so until you state also what software you have as part of your question, no one can answer it with certainty.

DJP

If you have the tools you can get the results you want by

using the cad tools to draw the shapes and then use the

"Convert Polyline" tool to convert the shapes into slabs.

From there you can assign a brick material to the slabs

and use the "Adjust Material Definition" tool to change

the bricks characteristics. Also if you have it you can use

the "Reflect About Object" tool to create mirror images.

post-38-0-94138300-1400136053_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Oops!  Looks like the first time that "convert polylines" to solid objects is in Chief Architect Lite.  Is that correct?  Since my software is Home Designer Architectural, I must find another solution.  Maybe the combersome approach I took is the only one in my version of software.

... I took another look at the post from Rich and it looks like Home Designer Pro can do it.  I guess I could have someone confirm that Pro is the first time you can convert polylines.

One additional question...  If you can't convert a CAD element to an actual structural piece, what are the uses of the CAD elements in versions that don't have the conversion capability?

Pro 10 can do it , but not sure on Arch. sorry

draw CAD circle > right click the cad line for the context menu and in mine the bottom option is "Convert to Polyline" you then had 8-10 choices as to what you want it to be...... eg slab ,slab with footing etc.

Well I dug out my old Netbook with Arch.9 on it and with a bit of tenacity was able to make a 1/4R slab , 1st made a square slab then used the "change line/Arc tool on two sides and then playing with those two arcs to make the quarter circle you need and changed the material to brick. you still don't have the reverse or mirror tool to help with the other 1/4's, though you can copy/paste the slab but the bricks may not line up as you need them too. I see you have the new 2015 so only , so only Pro can do it more easily , at least the $200 for Arch. is taken off Pro if you decide to upgrade for the added features .....